From Test Anything Protocol
Things that can take TAP as an input and do something useful with it.
Universal desirable behaviors
These are behaviors desired in all TAP parsers.
- Should work on the TAP as a stream (ie. as each line is received) rather than wait until all the TAP is received.
- The TAP source should be pluggable (ie. don't assume its always coming from a Perl program).
- The TAP display should be pluggable.
- Should be able to gracefully handle future upgrades to TAP.
- Should be forward compatible.
- Ignore unknown directives
- Ignore any unparsable lines